Flutterina is becoming Spinnerella Yesterday I mixed purple and pink paint to match my Spinnerella. I beheaded and stripped the paint off my original Flutterina doll as her scalp was tearing at the back and getting progressively worse when she got relegated to playtime with Kara. This morning, I masked off the parts I didn't want to get paint on; that was tedious, I need to look into getting liquid frisket. Then I hooked up my VEDA 130E airbrush (the Custom Micron-C is — hopefully — being repaired after the nozzle head broke in the nozzle connector) to begin applying paint. There was a coat of Krylon low-odour matte finish which went on next, some touch-ups with a fine brush, and the application of the pink paint — hand-brushing occurring on the insignia. Another coat of matte finish later and I had a convincing Spinnerella. Her paint isn't as clean as I'd have liked it to be — I think I'll have to omit the paint-stripping step in the future as it mars the surrounding plastic somewhat and I need to apply the matte coat in short bursts to prevent pooling. Still, it's a good start. I ordered the hair I'm going to need for the doll, and will re-root the head of a long-defunct Mermista I've had since I was a child. Photo album on click-through.