Monday, September 05, 2011

Long weekend cook-a-thon



First up, Saturday's previously blogged spanakopita, an adaptation of eco-natural.com's recipe. My modifications include using two packages of frozen spinach (boiled and drained instead of fresh), using about half the recipe's amounts of parsley and dill in dried form, using crumbled tofu in place of the feta, substituting the ghee for olive oil and adding in about a tablespoon of lemon juice.

Yesterday, I got around to using half a basket of fresh, underripe, Ontario Bartlett pears in a made-from-scratch tart. The tart's pear mixture is comprised of 8 small, sliced Bartlett's, a little less than ¼ cup of sugar, about a tablespoon of tapioca flour (in lieu of cornstarch, which I didn't have on-hand) and about a tablespoon and a half of lemon juice. I ought to have used slightly less lemon juice, but I'm really happy with how the tart turned out! My go-to pie crust recipe is from The Complete Guide to Cooking Techniques. This is easily the most-opened cookbook in my inventory.

Today, I'm trying a new pizza dough recipe in my quest for a thinner crust. I'll know tonight how it turned out.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Thu Sept 08, 09:41:00 pm GMT-4, Anonymous Wanda said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Looks yummy! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home