Sunday, July 31, 2011

Oh, homemade pizza, it's been too long...



A quick search through my blog entries for pizza indicates that the last time I had homemade pizza was on March 22, 2010. I'm sad to say that that seems accurate.

So it's with much fanfare that I report that today marks my first post-Kara venture into the marvelous world of homemade pizza! I ended up making a double-batch of Wolfgang Puck's pizza dough which was featured on Food Wishes. I used up the hard whole wheat flour I had from when I was regularly making pizza dough from scratch and blended it with hard unbleached flour, rather than using the all-purpose flour called for in the original recipe. I made a pizza for lunch, set aside a portion of dough for Matt's dinner and froze the remaining six portions.

This iteration uses olive oil, pre-made bruschetta topping, sliced cremini mushrooms, black olives and chopped prosciutto. It's so good to be able to have homemade pizza again.

I think I'm going to look into other dough recipes in the coming months. This one is really quite good, but I think I'd like to find a good thin crust recipe, too.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home